- Steven LoBue
- Date of Birth:
- United States
- Resides in:
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Steven LoBue is a man of many labels: he has established himself as the World Series' 'turbo spinner' – he's the only man who does five somersaults in less than three seconds. He's the 'miracle man' from La Rochelle, when he hit the platform at take-off with his forehead and came out with only a scratch. The diving coach is a loving husband and father, and never short of a smile.
Above all, the 32-year-old is a natural gymnast due to his physique and big things are expected of him. The 1.61m | 5ft 3in athlete took his place in the 2012 World Series after emerging victorious for the second year in a row from the World Series qualification event held in Australia's New South Wales. The native of New Jersey continued his impressive development with second-placed finishes in the first two competitions of the 2012 World Series in France and Norway and tasted his first World Series win four months later in Wales. Two more 1st placed finishes make him the fourth most successful 'winner' in the World Series to date.
If you want to beat this versatile sportsman – snowboarding and skateboarding are high up on the proficiency level – in a discipline one day, here's your chance: "Table tennis is pretty high on the list of things I suck at."
• Winner of 3 Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series competitions
• 2017 - 1st FINA High Diving World Championships
• 2017 - 2nd FINA High Diving World Cup
• 2016 - 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Polignano a Mare (ITA) & Shirahama (JPN)
• 2014 - 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Inis Mór (IRL); 3rd place Texas (USA)
• 2012 - 3rd qualification competition Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Cattai (AUS)
• 2004 - Olympic Trials finalist
Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series ranking
2016 - 5th overall
2015 - 8th overall
2014 & 2012 - 3rd overall
2013 - 7th overall
2011 - 10th overall