- Jonathan Paredes
- Date of Birth:
- Resides in:
- Mexico City
"Become the champion." That was the goal for Jonathan Paredes at the start of 2017, and the dream became a reality with the very final dive of a thrilling season in Lago Ranco, Chile. With his new dive seemingly mastered, there is no doubt that the Mexican diver will once again be a major title challenger in 2018.
Ripping his entries is definitely one of the Mexican's most outstanding talents and a big part of his success. The most graceful athlete in the air, and the one whose feet are always immaculately pointed is at the same time the man with the biggest smile on tour.
One of the most technically proficient divers in cliff diving, he has the sport's legend to his side as a mentor and coach: "My cliff diving hero is of course Orlando Duque, he's a huge inspiration for me." Together with the legendary Colombian, Jonathan accomplished his highest cliff dive to date at Victoria Falls: 30m or 10-storeys into a waterfall – the craziest thing he says, he's done so far.
• 2017 - Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series Champion
• 2017 - 1st Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Lago Ranco (CHI)
• 2016 - 1st Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Texas (USA)
• 2016 - 2nd FINA High Diving World Cup
• 2015 - 1st Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Mostar (BIH)
• 2015 - 2nd FINA High Diving World Championship
• 2015 & 2013 - winner qualification competition Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series
• 2014 - 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Havana (CUB)
• 2011 - 4th Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Malcesine (ITA, wildcard)
• 2011 - 5th Real Diving Acapulco, Mexico
Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series ranking
2016 - 2nd overall
2015 - 3rd overall
2014 - 6th overall
2013 - 4th overall