- David Colturi
- Date of Birth:
- United States
- Resides in:
- Los Angeles, California
"I am scared of the potential consequences of a cliff dive gone wrong," David Colturi says, "almost as much as having to hold a 9 to 5 office job." For an office, the 28-year-old favors the 27m-platform some eight stories above the water, no matter what time of the day. For the way down, he prefers twists to somersaults and in the past years has pushed his way up the rankings to become the youngest diver to appear in a full World Series in 2012, the youngest diver to finish on the podium and the youngest diver to win an event.
"I've proved I can dive with the best, now I need to do it every time," the L.A. based diver explains his goal for 2017, having the overall results in the back of his mind. After 4 times as 5th overall and a 2016 season to forget – apart from the perfect send off in his farewell appearance and third place in Mostar before shoulder surgery last October - the World Series' sunny boy aims higher for this year.
The former medical student was back on the 10m-board in early February and might still add a few more successful cliff diving seasons before he ultimately returns to the books to become a doctor.
• Youngest diver to win a Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series competition
• 2015 - 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Cartagena (COL)
• 2014 - 3rd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Azores (POR) and Yucatán (MEX)
• 2013 - Winner Red Bull Cliff Diving in Malcesine (ITA)
• 2012 - Winner Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series qualification competition in Cattai (AUS)
• 2011 - Winner International High Diving Competition in Liuzhou, China
• 2009 - 3rd World University Games 10 meter synchronized and Team Award
• 2009 - US National Champion 10m individual and synchronized
Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series ranking
2016 - 9th overall
2012-2015 - 5th overall