- David Colturi
- Date of Birth:
- United States
- Resides in:
- Los Angeles, California
"I am scared of the potential consequences of a cliff dive gone wrong," David Colturi says, "almost as much as having to hold a 9 to 5 office job." For an office, the 29-year-old favours the 27m-platform some eight stories above the water, no matter what time of the day. For the way down, he prefers twists to somersaults and in the past years has pushed his way up the rankings to become the youngest diver to appear in a full World Series in 2012, the youngest diver to finish on the podium and the youngest diver to win an event.
Colturi dealt with serious shoulder problems in 2016 – including surgery, but didn't miss his comeback in 2017, when he made it to the podium twice in six competitions.
Surely the World Series' sunny boy will still add a few more successful cliff diving seasons before he ultimately returns to the books to become a doctor.
• Youngest diver to win a Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series competition
• 2017 - 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Polignano a Mare (ITA)
• 2015 - 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Cartagena (COL)
• 2013 - Winner Red Bull Cliff Diving in Malcesine (ITA)
• 2012 - Winner Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series qualification competition in Cattai (AUS)
• 2011 - Winner International High Diving Competition in Liuzhou, China
• 2009 - 3rd World University Games 10 meter synchronized and Team Award
• 2009 - US National Champion 10m individual and synchronized