- Blake Aldridge
- Date of Birth:
- United Kingdom
- Resides in:
If you want to know what competitive is, watch Blake Aldridge – the finalist at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing has had to deal with quite some injuries and set-backs in his career but would never ever give up. And this is not only true for his professional life. "If there's anything I really suck at, I'll work on it to be good at it."
The 34-year-old, a former British diving world champion, who was also Tom Daley's synchro partner at the Games, did his first dive from 27 metres in June 2011 at the World Series competition in La Rochelle and has been wanting more ever since. A passionate fisherman, he has introduced two of the hardest dives in the sport: the back armstand dive, with four twists, and the reverse 2 somersault with 5 twists, proving he was born for this kind of sport.
"I'm still learning new dives and can't just sit back and get consistent. New dives need to be done," states the Brit, who is also quite aware of the sport's recent developments, "winning an event nowadays and just getting on the podium is a true luxury." Just know that Blake will do his part to make the year as flashy as possible.
• 3 times world medallist
• Former world champion
• 2017 - Winner Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Texas (USA)
• 2016 - 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Texas (USA)
• 2015 - 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in La Rochelle (FRA) & Copenhagen (DEN), 3rd in Bilbao (ESP)
• 2014 - Winner Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Havana (CUB)
• 2013 - 1st Marmeeting Furore (ITA)
• 2012 - 2nd qualification competition Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Cattai (AUS)
• 2011 - 6th Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in La Rochelle (FRA, wildcard)
• 2009, - 2010 & 2011 European cliff diving champion
• 2008 - Olympic finalist
Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series ranking
2016 - 10th overall
2015 - 4th overall
2014 - & 2013 8th overall
2012 - 9th overall